October 5, 2024 | Latest Issue
Amanda Smith and Seanie Civale
The Setonian
Mirror

What Have We Done

Hello. Merry finals season. Happy Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanzaa. Happy New Year. Good winterim. The next time you hear from us, all of this will be over, grades will be in, turkeys eaten in celebration of things that should not be celebrated, presents unwrapped, resolutions made and resolutions shattered.

The Setonian
Mirror

The Mirror Guide to the Outdoors

Summer is well under way, and we are collectively getting the hang of how Shakespeare doth speak while grudgingly setting our astro NROs (that midterm was a doozy). But the further we get into 12X, the harder it becomes to actually hit the books instead of the docks. The sun is hot, the sky is blue and the only thing we want to do is get outside and soak up some rays. Our hearts pine for the great outdoors! While we can't speed up the clocks in class, and we do not (officially) condone lack of attendance, we can provide you with ways to fill your free time with the best of the Upper Valley's outdoor activities. Straight from the mouths of experts of sophomore summers past and present with sprinklings of our own less qualified words of wisdom we bring you the 12X guide to outdoor fun.Get wet and wild: The Ledges Take a short drive through West Leb, continue South on 12A, turn left on True Brooks Road and you're there. You can jump off rocks into natural whirlpools and go for a dip in the swimming hole. "The ledges are a great place to go with a big group," Alejandra Herrera '14, who visited the spot early in the summer, said.

More articles »