The Dartmouth, founded in 1799, is the student newspaper at Dartmouth College and the campus’s only daily. The Dartmouth is published by The Dartmouth, Inc., an independent, nonprofit corporation chartered in the state of New Hampshire. All editorial and business decisions are made by the students without any interference from the College.
The newspaper is published daily, Monday through Friday, from September to June, except during examination periods and vacations. During the summer, the paper is published on Tuesdays and Fridays. In addition to the regular newspaper, The Dartmouth publishes two weekly supplements, Big Green Sports Weekly on Mondays and The Dartmouth Mirror, The Dartmouth’s weekly magazine, on Fridays. The print edition is free to students on campus.
During the Fall, Winter and Spring terms, The Dartmouth's Editorial Board publishes a house editorial, the Verbum Ultimum, in the Friday edition of the paper. The Editorial Board is composed of the editor-in-chief, publisher, executive editors and opinion editors.
The Dartmouth welcomes comments and suggestions. Requests for corrections or questions about content published in the newspaper should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2013-2014 Directorate of The Dartmouth, Winter Term 2013
- Jenny Che '14, Editor-in-Chief
- Diana Ming '14, Executive Editor
- Gardiner Kreglow '14, Publisher
- Felicia Schwartz '14, Executive Editor
- Matthew McNierney '14, Day Managing Editor
- Claire Groden'14, Evening Managing Editor
- James Peng '14, Evening Managing Editor
- Don Casler '14, Opinions Editor
- Jonathan Pedde '14, Opinions Editor
- Sam Rauschenfels '14, Sports Editor
- Taylor Malsheimer '15, Sports Editor
- Sharla Grass '14, Arts & Entertainment Editor
- Amelia Acosta '14, The Dartmouth Mirror Editor
- Tyler Bradford '14, The Dartmouth Mirror Editor
- Leslie Ye '14, Dartbeat Editor
- Gavin Huang '14, Photography Editor
- Anna Davies '15, Photography Editor
- Erin O'Neil '15, Design Editor
- Lisa Luo '15, Multimedia Editor
- Haley Moulton '15, Multimedia Editor
- Henry Angus MacQueen '14, Advertising Director
- Nick Judson '14, Finance & Strategy Director
- Horacio Romero '14, Operations & Marketing Director
- Richard Yu '14, Technology Director
- Allison Wang '16, Design Manager
ColophonWe use icons from The Noun Project licensed under a Creative Commons license: The Dartmouth or on dartbeat.
- Amid business scandals, ex-con stresses caution
- Undergrads, med students help at Kenyan clinic
- Brother of graduating senior drowned in Connecticut River
- Friends, teammates support Shalka '05
- Professors receive $12 million for biomedical studies
- College charges SAE for hazing violations
- D’Agostino ’14 captures fourth career national championship with dramatic 5K victory
- Cornel West praises protesters in fiery talk
- Shedd '11 indicted on sexual assault charges
- Dean of Admissions Furstenberg under fire